Monday, May 24, 2010

FABULOUS NEWS!!

Hi Everyone!!
Well, as you may have realized already I am back home with my wonderful Husband since Friday and mom is in Houston with Dad for the week :) 
They have had a great weekend and also had a GREAT visit with Kenny who was SO AWESOME for going to Houston to visit and spend time cheering dad up!!  I know he loved the company and the laughs!
Today mom and dad are at the hospital and we already have some GOOD NEWS to report!!  His counts have all started coming UP!!  He didn't need any platelets or blood for the FIRST TIME!! He also is allowed to stop the shots until further notice!!  This is INCREDIBLE and ENCOURAGING news!! Later on they will be seeing the Stem Cell Doctor and we are looking forward to lots of updates and info from him!!  They are also going to be aspirating a sample of bone marrow today to see what the status of it is - so PLEASE PLEASE keep up the prayers for continued progress with his counts and with finding a bone marrow donor match!!
More later! 
Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear such positive news. Maureen, I hope that your week with Mel is filled with more and more good news. I'll
    continue praying for a donor. God Bless All.
    Love, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was the best day I've had and MD Anderson, we didn't even have traffic coming back to Bobbie's. Keep the prayers coming, I believe we will have even better knew Thursday. Mel wants to come home so much and I want to take him home :)Lots of love to all, Maureen

    ReplyDelete